2nd Euro Mediterranean Folkloric Festival in Limassol
This year, there seem to be groups which were not present last year. Some of the highlights of this year’s show are:
- Cyprus: Dionysos cultural and dancing group from Limassol, Konta Stin Paradosi Group, Alexandra traditional dancing workshop and the limassol cultural association. I hope that the Cypriots do something different from the usual sitting down, touching one leg and the hopping back thing!
- Greece: Cultural Group Arcadi
- Hungary: Folk dance group Csepel
- Italy: Folklore group Marsala Antica
- Czech Republic: Folklore group Lipina Vracov
- Latvia: Dance Ensemble Bitite
- Egypt: Floklore Group Malawi
The festival is from the 4th of August to 8th of August. The schedule is as follows;
- 4th Aug: Downtown area, District Administration Office: 19:30, parade of the groups; 20:30, performance of the groups
- 5th Aug: Performance at the courtyard of Panayia Chrisaifiliotisa church (where is this?) at Agia Fyla
- 6th Aug: Performance at the “Kostas Partasides Park” at Agios Nicolas
- 7th Aug: Performance at the courtyard ofAgia Varvara churc at Zakaki
- 8th Aug: 19:30; Parade of the groups from the Limasosl Municipal Gardens to the Old Port, 20:30;Performance at the old port and then the closing ceremony.
If you get a chance, do visit the performance on one of the days, it is really good!