Cyclops Cave in Konnos Bay near Ayia Napa
There are numerous spots on this walk overlooking the sea which are ideal for a small picnic. You can also climb down to the sea at many sections of the walk. Also, the route to the cave follows the cliff walls closely and you will be able to see the effect of the wind on the cliff walls. There are interesting rock formations on the cliff walls which provide for a good photo opportunity.
- I assume that you know to reach Ayia Napa. Just look for Ayia Napa on the maps and drive over. Simple.
- Once in Ayia Napa, go towards the McD next to the Luna Park. You should be able to see the Mc D sign/Sling Shot towers in this Luna Park from quite a distance away. A reference to this McD would be a dead-end road by its side which is often used for parking and a mini-golf course right next to it (across this road).
- Proceed East on this road i.e. moving in the direction of McD from the luna Park.
- You will come to a T-Junction. You have to take a left here if you want to go the main clubbing area of Ayia Napa. But, we shall leave that for later and turn right at the T-Junction.
- This road will go towards the sea and end at a beach. Take a left at the roundabout and within 10/20 metres, the road will again turn left. take this left turn (taking the mini lane to the right would take you to the sea). This is like taking a very big U-Turn.
- Keep going on this road until the road curves right and comes to a round-about.
- On this round-about, go straight (third/last exit towards Cavo Greko).
- After some distance, you will come to a t-junction again. Follow the direction of Cavo Greko which in this case is towards the right , towards the sea.
- Keep going on this road, you should cross the Ayia Napa sea-caves sign (pointing to the right). Keep going and you should cross another exit towards cavo greko which is the one leading to the lookout point on top of the “obviously” visible hill on your right.
- The exit to Konnos Bay (on the right) is approximately 2kms from the exit to the Cave greko hill. Another landmark for Konnos Bay is the Grecian Park Hotel.
- Don’t drive all the way down to the beach if you plan to go to the cave. Around half-way down, you will come to parking lot with a clear sign saying “Cyclops Cave 1.5 km” or something like that. (it has been more than 2 yrs, so i forgot what is said on the sign).